Yeti GOBOX Collection

Colorado points

Can some one explain the Colorado system to me I want to start to build points .I m signed up have a account now . But now what I don't see how to buy points ?

Wait till March and put in for just preference points. Got to buy a small game license and then points for what species you want.

Untitled (state.co.us)
Start on page 9 for limited licenses and preference points.
Wait till March and put in for just preference points. Got to buy a small game license and then points for what species you want.
Both are correct. page 9 of the brochure @elkduds linked has it all.

Simple version is : The only way to acquire a preference point for a species in CO is through participating in the Primary draw.

Like Fj605 you can build points and hunt every year and that gets confusing fast. My reccomendation is signing up for GoHunt and looking at everything CO. As a resident I'll usually get a point as my fist choice for deer and antelope then put in for things I know I'll draw as a second or third choice. If you don't draw there, then there is the leftover draw but I'm not sure how that affects points.

It is NOT confusing really. The leftover draw only affects points on units where it takes 5 or more points to draw. Otherwise you buy a preference point as first choice, then draw a second or third choice or OTC and go hunt. Not rocket science. In all seriousness the colorado big game brochure is one of the easiest to decipher and explains everything.

It is NOT confusing really. The leftover draw only affects points on units where it takes 5 or more points to draw. Otherwise you buy a preference point as first choice, then draw a second or third choice or OTC and go hunt. Not rocket science. In all seriousness the colorado big game brochure is one of the easiest to decipher and explains everything.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but under what scenario would a 5 point tag be available in the leftover draw?

The scenario where the person who drew a 5+ point tag did pay for it in time, or turned it back in, the next 1-3 or 5 people in line didn't respond. That is where a 5+ point tag ends up in the leftover draw. I may be combining the leftover and the reissue tags in the same boat, but I think last year it was the same as I posted on the actual "leftover" draw. But ideally the same rings true for reissue tags.

The scenario where the person who drew a 5+ point tag did pay for it in time, or turned it back in, the next 1-3 or 5 people in line didn't respond. That is where a 5+ point tag ends up in the leftover draw. I may be combining the leftover and the reissue tags in the same boat, but I think last year it was the same as I posted on the actual "leftover" draw. But ideally the same rings true for reissue tags.
I didn't think any reissued tags made it onto the list for the leftover draw. On leftover day in August, where they're released FCFS, certainly.

It looks like you buy the small game license for ~ $85, then each preference point you add is $9 each. Am I reading correctly that this is all that’s required to apply for NR preference points only?

Yea but just be aware that it’s NOT just the $9 when applying for moose, goat, and sheep. They don’t make it obvious but it’s another $100 per species charged to you after the draw.

Reactions: jt4

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back