Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Colorado new rule

Jasher

Everyone must have a hunting or fishing license to be on state trust land. So if you are just picking up an otc or leftover tag you still have to purchase a hunting or fishing license to hunt anything on state trust land. Obviously if you applied for a tag in the draw you already have one. I know they put the rule in place for hikers and the like but it will apply to big game hunters as well

Common sense though, if you are hunting, most likely if you are an ethical sportsman, you already have a license. Access to some stand lands are probably limited also by conditions of any leases.

License/tag is the same thing. There is no separate license to purchase.

Is a license and tag the same thing in Colorado ? I haven’t read what the new law actually says but does it say you need a license? A tag is not a license.

Is a license and tag the same thing in Colorado ? I haven’t read what the new law actually says but does it say you need a license? A tag is not a license.
If you have a tag you have a license. You are not supposed to detach it from your license until after you complete the kill and tag your carcass.

The tag comes attached to the license. Read the regulations. There is no reference to "tags" unless they are talking about tagging your animal. It is a limited license draw or an OTC license. You can of course purchase a small game "license" or a fishing "license," but for the purposes of hunting big game tag and license are synonymous.

You have to buy the small game to apply for the draw. I have a couple sitting in a drawer. There is a thread on this already. AZ has a state trust land permit. Hunting or fishing license counts if actively hunting or fishing on state land. I think AZ has much more state land open for hunting that CO but I know AZ much better than CO.

Colorado has no single item called "hunting license." All licenses for hunting are applicable here, including your OTC Elk license.

Where you are confused is the "qualifying license" needed for entering the big game draw, which can be a small game hunting, Turkey or fishing license.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back