Colorado GMU 35 or 28 For 2017 season

WhiskeyWhiskey

I'm a non resident with zero points I've never hunted Colorado my dad has taken Elk in Colorado and always hunted southwest GMUs.

I'm looking for a unit for first rifle season I can draw with zero points. I'm going with two older gentleman one who is in decent shape and another who isn't. I'm also going to take my oldest Daughter who is 13 she isn't gonna hunt. She's in great shape and is gonna be my spotter and help me pack out.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with either of these GMUs 35 or 28 and could give some tips? One better than the other? Is there better units that off %100 draw for non residents with zero points? How about building points and %100 draw unit with second choice?

I have never hunted 35, but 28 is a pretty tough unit with a relatively low success rate. It is close enough to Denver to day hunt, so it gets a lot of pressure during OTC seasons from Front Range hunters. It has low to moderate elk densities, and beetle kill is also an issue in much of the unit. That being said, you may be able to draw it as a 2nd choice and build points as well (I did as a resident, but I'm not sure about the odds for a nonresident). Like any unit, there are honey holes if you take time to learn the unit.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COLBAM
Back