Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Colorado elk hunt

southdakotaelk

Hello, hope everyone is having a good fall so far . I am planning on going back to Colorado for another elk hunt. I will be going for second season. Will be hunting unit 5 mostly. Was curious if anyone had been up in the area and what you have been seeing. Thanks so much.

Don't know to much about that unit! Crazy I hunted right across the border in Laramie for deer and saw sooo many elk. They were in the river bottoms as crazy as it sounds. literally jumped probably 50 of them and 4 bulls. Saw 36 does 60ish elk and 1 cow moose and not one buck!!!!! CRAZY. Figured I would throw this in here, Im hunting unit 28 (denver hotspot) but figured I would ask for any advice. Killed bulls in success rates lower than this, but always like to learn/hear people out! Love this community!!

Don't know to much about that unit! Crazy I hunted right across the border in Laramie for deer and saw sooo many elk. They were in the river bottoms as crazy as it sounds. literally jumped probably 50 of them and 4 bulls. Saw 36 does 60ish elk and 1 cow moose and not one buck!!!!! CRAZY. Figured I would throw this in here, Im hunting unit 28 (denver hotspot) but figured I would ask for any advice. Killed bulls in success rates lower than this, but always like to learn/hear people out! Love this community!!
Mason,
we have hunted this area for a few years now. Honestly, the best advice is stay away from trails and roads as much as possible. Last year there were an abundance of local and tourist hikers, atv rider's utv's etc all over the multi use trails. Most of the terrain is steeper than it seems. Hope you're in good shape and good luck to you! We'll be looking for cows, does or a bear this season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back