Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Colorado Elk 2015 Archery dates?

Knot Tellin

A good friend and I are planning a hunt to Colorado archery elk hunt for this fall. This will be our first trip. We are looking at starting our hunt on the 9th of Sept and leaving on the 16th. Based on the moon phase and the start of the rut this I figure this should give us the best chance thoughts? A concern is that starting on the 13th muzzleloader season opens and we will be forced to wear orange. My questions are 1 are we picking a good time frame to be there and 2 how much do you think having to were orange will hurt us with getting spotted by the elk? Thank you

You don't have to wear orange unless u are hunting with a muzzleloader
I would wait a week if that's a possibility

I was under the impression that you must wear orange if there is a gun season in progress.

nope the orange is tag specific. so if you have an archery tag no orange is needed

That is great news. I hate the day glow orange:hump:. What do you think the best dates to go would be. The new moon falls on the 13th.

The later you hunt into the archery season the better. Assuming you aren't hunting in a high pressure area.

I don't like the dates your thinking about.I like to start on the 16-18th and hunt for 7-10 days from there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScatterGunHamilton
Back