Colorado driver kills 47 antelope

My teenage sister was killed when I was about 7 years old because she tried to avoid hitting a deer and flipped the car she was driving. When you wake up in the middle of the night to hear a sheriffs deputy telling your mother that her daughter is dead, you look for takeaways. #1 - Don't make sudden vehicle maneuvers to avoid wildlife.
So sorry for your loss, My brothers sons wife also died trying to miss a group of antelope here in Wyoming. Someone was behind her and viewed the entire seen. She was driving the speed limit, which was 50 mph on dry roads.

I bet 75% of wildlife collisions in Wyoming are from semi drivers...they don't even bother tapping the brakes.
Most trucking companies these days have monitors in their trucks that records how often the truck has a hard brake, hard turn, unsafe speed etc.. When the truckers pile that stuff up it counts against them. For some reason corporate dispatchers are more understanding of KO'ing a critter than them hard on the brakes.

I guess it makes sense though, a few pallets of freight knocked over could cost a few thousand to replace vs straitening out a grill guard and replacing a headlight

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back