Colorado Deer NR Suggestions

Muley4x4

Posted on here earlier about pronhorn. Seems like the plans have changed. I have 4 deer points in Colorado. I’m thinking about burning them and going. My wife gave me the go ahead and I have the vacation time as well. Next year might not be the same story.

My friends all seem to be out. Therefore does anyone have any suggestions on a unit in Colorado that might be appealing?

I’ve hunted Pagosa 5 timesin the past and have hunted various seasons including muzzleloader, 3rd Rifle, for both Elk and Deer. I’m in good physical shape and plan on continuing to work throughout the summer. Getting off of the beaten path doesn’t bother me.

Thinking about trying somewhere else but already have the knowledge of the Pagosa area. Anyone have any suggestions or guidance? I don’t plan on bringing horses and I’m thinking about doing it solo. Had them on all of my previous trips.

What are your thoughts? I’ve looked at the odds. I realize I could probably get into 4th Rifle in that area but most of the deer hit private and move to Indian land.

Bump! May have one buddy interested that doesn’t have any points! Not looking for a honey hole just a direction. Poured over the San Juan and Wilderness maps around Pagosa today.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back