Colorado 1st Rifle 2020

CampNoViewPA

Hi everyone,
First timer going out west. I have a CO 1st rifle tag good for 11,12,13,23,24,25,26,33,34,131,211,and 231. I’ve been e-scouting for the last few weeks and really have it narrowed down to 12 and 24 for the large amount of roadless areas and altitude variance from 8,500-10,500 (obviously still open to suggestions). I really just don’t know what to expect I guess is the reason for this post. Any pointers? Anyone else have this tag? Anyone looking for a hunting partner to help pack?

TOGIE

My guess is this could be one of the busiest years em011o1r has ever seen.

Real curious to see the 1st draft of the leftover list here soon

wllm1313

My guess is this could be one of the busiest years em011o1r has ever seen.

Real curious to see the 1st draft of the leftover list here soon
My FIL did a bit of driving around the grand mesa a couple of weeks ago and they said all the campgrounds that can be reserved, where completely reserved for hunting season by the end of may...

cedahm

I really just don’t know what to expect I guess is the reason for this post. Any pointers? Anyone else have this tag?
Welcome to HT - if the tag allotment for that hunt eventually sells out (and it probably will), 4999 others will have the tag.

Yep

Welcome to HT - if the tag allotment for that hunt eventually sells out (and it probably will), 4999 others will have the tag.
...plus the 3,200 cow tag and private-either. Bring some beer and make some friends.

bmontang

My FIL did a bit of driving around the grand mesa a couple of weeks ago and they said all the campgrounds that can be reserved, where completely reserved for hunting season by the end of may...

The popularity of the reserved spots is fairly typical. Keep in mind most of the reservable campgrounds only allow reservations to the end of September.

nolanjs55

Reserved camp sites are being booked at an alarming rate in co. But we have a stage 1 fire ban right now meaning you can only have a fire in a ring at at camp site. It’s illegal if you are dispersed on national forest. So part of me thinks this is contributing and the fact that it’s insanely crowded here right now.

Dsnow9

Reserved camp sites are being booked at an alarming rate in co. But we have a stage 1 fire ban right now meaning you can only have a fire in a ring at at camp site. It’s illegal if you are dispersed on national forest. So part of me thinks this is contributing and the fact that it’s insanely crowded here right now.
And the fact that a lot of people that don’t normally camp or are new to camping are getting out there with covid. Camp supply purchases and camper purchases are through the roof right now in co.