Cold Sunday (12-18-05) of Birds

Nemont

On Friday I was out scouting for ducks for this weekend. Because of Christmas programs and Basketball tournments I wouldn't be able to hunt on Saturday but would on Sunday. I saw a couple thousands ducks in one of the local feedlots and followed them to water. Found that they were diving into our favorite honey hole on a side channel. Got out this afternoon and was done in less the an hour. It was about -5 when we set up and the windchill was about -20 but it sure makes the ducks want into our spread.

Some scenery
PC170405.jpg

PC170404.jpg

PC170403.jpg

PC170402.jpg

Our 10 ducks, I know there are three suzies in there kind of collateral damage. :eek: There were such big flocks coming in that when you picked out a drake it seemed like a couple of birds would fall at the shot.

PC170401.jpg

Here is my regular ducks hunting buddy with our ducks.

PC170406.jpg

Love that cold weather duck hunting.

Nemont

Good Job Nemont. Looks like you guys are having fun. I might be able to get out this week with the dog and Amy's father to do some quail hunting? I am trying to talk him into getting on the water for some ducks or geese too. If I can get out I will take some pics. The snow is falling here again today. have a couple of inches now.

Back