Cold day, but why stay in the office.

mtmiller

Minus 20's when I got to the office this morning, but I filled the thermos and hit the road.

The first shed collar was buried, but not too tough to find. Here is the second one of the day.

2.jpg

Better shot of the location.

1.jpg

Yep, there were a few in the area.

3.jpg

Quite a few.

8.jpg

Snow was pretty deep in some areas.

7.jpg

I did find some of the culprits.

4.jpg

Another group.

5.jpg

There were many groups in the area and several hundred total.

6.jpg

With this much snow on the ground this is not an uncommon sight.

IMG_5181.jpg

9.jpg

Last edited:
ohhh man to bad you didn't have a predator call handy! Looks to me like a prime condition for some callin.

Lots of yotes today. I wouldn't have needed a call to kill a few. Are they only stupid when I don't have a gun?

What sort of study are you working on with the collars; movement and migration? Gotta love the fun of trying to find dropped collars in the snow.

Based on the pictures I'd guess you are studying why the antelope crossed the railroad tracks. :D

What sort of study are you working on with the collars; movement and migration? Gotta love the fun of trying to find dropped collars in the snow.

The study is concentrated on migration cooridors, critical habitat and impacts from human footprint (O&G, turning dirt, fences, roads, etc.). Some of these lopes are moving acorss international borders and this has become a potential legal issue.;)

Cool, makes me wish we had more antelope data here and that are BLM office did more wildlife stuff.

Customs having problems with the antelope moving contraband?

Sure beats reviewing EAs... ;)

BTW, you're facial hair's turning a bit gray, looks like you need to take the Keith Hernadez Just for Men challenge. :D

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back