• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.

CO unit 67

Bambistew

Has anyone hunted unit 67 in CO? I am in the midst of purchasing 40 acres and a cabin there. I have not hunted there but have seen quite a few animals running around. We saw about 40 from the front deck a couple weeks ago...

The draw stats show that its pretty tough to draw a deer tag there, elk are not too bad but will take a year or two for a bull tag.

If you have hunted there do you think the deer hunting is worth the 5 year wait or is the deer draw so hard because there are a lot of people that put in for both deer and elk hoping for the best? From what I have herd, the area is not really a "trophy" area anyway...

Thanks
Ivan

KC

Bambistew:

I hunted there a couple of years in the mid-eighties. One year I setup a base camp at Stone Cellar campground in Sawatch Park, then backpacked into the wilderness area.

Good hunting in the wilderness area.

Sawatch Park has a lot of hunters. Kind of crazy.

Spent another season camping just west of Cochetope Pass. Too much dark timber there. But I backpacked into Razor Creek and filled my tag there.

KC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldShaky