MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

CO. unit 54 2nd season elk.

nr8l

Hey everyone! I'm looking for some help. I didn't draw any of my tags this year so in an effort to try and fill the freezer, I picked up a tag for unit 54 here in CO. I have not been in this unit in a long time, and have very little info on/about it. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to pm. Thanks in advance.

Old info. Hunted out of soap creek campground in 2001 with 9 others. Some hiked and some rented horses. I only hiked in as far as rock springs where there was an outfitter. Didn't see any elk.

Next year we hunted a different unit but got our pack horse from a place by soap creek. They did very well that year above rock springs.

I have hunted this unit a couple of times. The times I hunted was during bow season. I hunted around Rainbow lake in the West Elk wilderness. Each time we hunted this area we saw elk. Came very close to connecting with a bull. Was able to get a cow. This area is very steep and rugged. Horses would make hunting this area a lot better. This area that I am talking about is basicly east of soap creek basin. Another area we hunted was Table mountain but it is crowed. Good luck.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back