Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

CO tags received

Got my deer tag and filled out the return paperwork same day. Be looking for a third season buck tag in 53 on the reissue list 🙂

I know a guy who burned 10 points on that tag this year lol
I about burned 17 😳 Now, it’s a $400 donation to not burn. 🙄 When the sheep results came out, I gave the CPW folks my best but-I-drew-a-sheep-tag sob story and asked if we could just pull my deer application. Didn’t get me very far. I think they started laughing before we even hung up.

My understanding is you can't return a tag now until the leftover list is out.
You can it just doesn’t show up on the list until august.

Which really is the comical nature of the system…

You could apply in the primary draw and not draw a tag.

Tags could be returned or not paid up and put on the secondary list.

You can apply for the tag on the secondary list, not draw.

Tags are then returned during the secondary draw period or immediately after.

You then have to apply in the re-issue process.

So essentially because of the ridiculously loose return policy you get to apply 3 times for the same tag… which though you have not drawn it keeps popping up.

It also means that you might be able to secure the 2 point tag you wanted in the draw without having to use your points.

I took a chance last year on a deer tag. I had drawn a deer tag on the 1st draw. I saw a tag on the 2nd draw that I wanted more. So, I returned my deer tag and got the points back. I then applied for the deer tag i wanted in the 2nd draw and got it. I was more the happy for getting the tag I wanted and kept my points. However, I could have ended up with no deer tag.

I wanted to do the same thing this year and switch from muzzleloader tag to archery. I tried to turn in my muzzy deer tag and was told that I can't do that anymore and have to wait until the leftover list comes out.

I asked if there was any way I could apply for the archery deer tag on the 2nd draw list and she said no, there was no way since what I wanted and what I had were both A tags. So, it was changed this year.

Elk tag showed up today. Hopefully I don’t have to take advantage of Colorado’s crazy generous return policy again.

Any one still waiting on an elk tag? I received my deer tag late last week, but nothing has shown for elk. Just curious

Any one still waiting on an elk tag? I received my deer tag late last week, but nothing has shown for elk. Just curious
Still waiting here but it might be a while for me since I didn’t draw. Second draw and then the leftovers before I even have a chance.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTLifer
Back