Caribou Gear Tarp

CO refund question

Bullshot

Hopefully easy technical question, looking for some reassurance that this would not put my points in jeopardy. Please confirm these scenarios…

Scenario 1: If I apply for 1st and 2nd choice and do not draw 1st but do draw my second choice, I both accrue a point for this year AND get the second choice licence.

Scenario 1A: I accrued my point, draw a 2nd choice, but then can’t hunt and need to request a refund. I will keep all prior points AND this years point and receive a refund for my 2nd choice licence.

*I just can’t take any chances of losing my points or not accruing one for the year. If there is such risk, I would not apply for 2nd choice.

I know your first scenario you could draw a point and a tag. But for the second one I’m wondering myself. With applying for 3 or 4 other states it’s just hard to know what to do without knowing what tags you’re going to draw without the draw results coming out before Colorado’s application deadline.

Scenario 1A: I accrued my point, draw a 2nd choice, but then can’t hunt and need to request a refund. I will keep all prior points AND this years point and receive a refund for my 2nd choice licence.
I had this scenario play out in 2020. Couldn’t hunt due to work and covid rules on crossing state lines. All you lose is a small processing fee as long as it’s returned 30+ days before the start of the season your tag is for.

I had this scenario play out in 2020. Couldn’t hunt due to work and covid rules on crossing state lines. All you lose is a small processing fee as long as it’s returned 30+ days before the start of the season your tag is for.
While the rest of us circle like vultures, waiting for that tag to reissue.

Did you still receive a PP for that year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back