CO Mule Deer Unit 15

bfarr281

Hey everyone,

I moved to Colorado in the beginning of the year and am looking to do my first DIY western hunt this year. I am looking at GMU 15 during second rifle season for mule deer just because of its size and the fact that it looks to provide good opportunity from the short bit i've found on it online. Is this a decent unit to be looking at in my situation? I will be hunting alone, for at least the first 4 days. I'm mainly concerned with opportunity, and could care less about a trophy or antlers for my first year.. just looking to get out there. Leftover tags go on sale tomorrow and unit 15 is on my short list along with 361. I am not shy of long and high hikes, and will be camping hopefully.

Let me know what you guys think, have any tips for this specific unit or if I should be looking elsewhere.

I don't have anything to say but will leech off this thread simply because I drew a tag for this unit for the 3rd rifle season.

I think it is a good area - I have seen a lot of deer across 131 in the Yampa area so I am sure GMU 15 is good as well. Welcome to CO. You'll do great.

I would like to follow as well, I drew the Second season tag and will be trying 15 out for the first time!

Hey all, Second season seemed to be a good time to be out, the weather pushed deer around good and I seen all kinds of does. The only problems i had (which is somewhat normal) was other hunters. On opening morning i looked to the left and right and counted 11 people i could see haha. Anyone could have tagged out with a doe tag in the first few hours but i never did see a shooter buck during my short time out. I was able to meet a lot of good people that hunt the same area every year and they all talked very well about it so maybe next year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back