Co gmu 54

Recurve62

Hey all, what are some thoughts on unit 54's OTC either sex? From what I gather, this is with caps and hasen't been like this in the past or at least recently. What do you see as pros and cons? Also, what does an average year look like weather wise in the unit during 2nd rifle. Thanks

I've hunted unit 55 with good luck.Ive heard not so good things about 54 and the west elk wilderness.From what I keep hearing the elk get pushed on private pretty quick.I'd think if you got in deep, you would find good hunting though.All I know is hear-say so take what you want from it.I contact the biologist and see what he has to say

Agreed...

I hunted 54 couple years ago and there was definately a lot of sign, but the elk were gone...we rode horses in the West Elks and didn't see many people but you could tell the people (and the elk) were in there already and GONE. Had a small bull into about 75 yards in some timber until the wind swirled...first and only elk we saw in there.
A couple days later we pulled camp and moved to the West side of the unit and had to ride 11 miles before we found a spot flat enough for our tent. Again, lots of really good elk sign - just no elk. Met local guy and son on their way out - said they saw a spike and couple cows in 4 days. We saw a cow and calf.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back