PEAX Equipment

Clearwater Creek Controlled Use Area

Northwoods

Any Alaska residents willing to answer a couple general questions about the Clearwater Creek Controlled Use Area? I want to ask if my plan is at all possible and get a general idea of what to expect. Thanks.

No first hand experience to share on this yet. But I do have my sights set on doing a caribou hunt back in there in the next year or two. My hope is bike (pedal power) back a ways to set up a base then go on foot from there. I'm sure its not a ground breaking plan. As a guy with no atv/utv I'd rather be competing with other folks working under their own power than trying to hike/bike one of the many ATV trails in that area. Good luck to ya!

No first hand experience to share on this yet. But I do have my sights set on doing a caribou hunt back in there in the next year or two. My hope is bike (pedal power) back a ways to set up a base then go on foot from there. I'm sure its not a ground breaking plan. As a guy with no atv/utv I'd rather be competing with other folks working under their own power than trying to hike/bike one of the many ATV trails in that area. Good luck to ya!
Your idea is a good one, and one that the majority of people do... because its so obvious. :D Success is had, but it also includes hiking many miles off the access road. There is a lot of other opportunity of equal or lessor effort and no bike required. If you haven't already, join the Nelchina Caribou Hunting group on facebook. Lots of good information posted there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back