Christensen arms

Ive been around a few now and they all have been great shooters and pretty easy to come up with a accurate loa. Only knock on my ridgeline is I wish they would go with a little better quality stock for $2k. Such as the adjustable on the mesa LRs. Ended up getting a gamewarden stock.

Ive been around a few now and they all have been great shooters and pretty easy to come up with a accurate loa. Only knock on my ridgeline is I wish they would go with a little better quality stock for $2k. Such as the adjustable on the mesa LRs. Ended up getting a gamewarden stock.
Agreed. There’s nothing wrong, per se, with it, but it does leave you wanting more for the price tag.

Yep. Thinking about selling my stock and grabbing a Mesa arms precision. Drop another 8-10oz off the gun too

Yep. Thinking about selling my stock and grabbing a Mesa arms precision. Drop another 8-10oz off the gun too
I am a lefty and while Christensen has to be commended for catering to us, I am not too fond of the stock. I just saw that an FFT stock was coming out. I hoped that it had a different shape but it looks like it is the same basic shape, just lighter. Now, I am hoping that I will see some sales on some regular, non-FFT Mesas and Ridgelines so I will be able to apply the savings towards a stock I like.

If you have never held a MPA Altitude stock, the grip is huge. I love the forend but the grip is huge. Am I repeating myself?

Last edited:
I have one in 300 WSM and I agree on them being well balanced. Great for the long shot or the quick jump shot when stalking through timber. It's a solid 1 inch rifle no matter what I shoot through it, maybe .75 on a good day. Definitely my go to backpacking rifle for Elk.

If you have never held a MPA Altitude stock, the grip is huge. I love the forend but the grip of is huge. Am I repeating myself?
The grip is pretty big. I have the Tikka model as well. They're great stocks though

Three different powder charges with 124 grain hammer hunter. Going to tests Steve’s theory about the 6.5 prc case catching pressure prematurely with mag primers.
94652C83-E91F-4C43-96E2-FDDCECEED0D6.jpeg

Have friends with rifle elk tags this fall that I’m going to help so don’t think I need a rifle for elk this year. And I did find a new thermal I want. I’m getting weak

Last edited:
Have friends with rifle elk tags this fall that I’m going to help so don’t think I need a rifle for elk this year. And I did find a new thermal I want. I’m getting weak
Did they leave any extra room in the mag for seating bullets extra long? I'm thinking along the lines of the 156 Bergers.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back