Caribou Gear Tarp

Chicken eaters

brockel

Let the chickens out Friday morning and showed back up a little bit later to find a chicken massacre. 10 chickens were killed and packed off. From the tracks in the mud it looked like a couple coons got into them and then from all the commotion they attracted in a coyote that started duking it out with the coons. So yesterday morning I set some coon cuffs and a couple coyote traps out. Took the thermal out last night and got one big male that was pushing 40lbs. Went out this morning to do chores and had another big male in a trap. I usually don’t start killing them for a couple more weeks but when the chickens start disappearing it’s time to thin a few.
E48373F2-68F4-4028-8E9B-825772DDB40A.jpeg4F5EF93B-C6DB-484B-8E5D-61AB5ACE002C.jpeg74F98656-F7EA-4963-87F3-CDF4970F5FF5.jpegEEEAF371-A0ED-43E6-97B4-FEAE9636A3E9.jpeg

We had a crazy cat lady back behind us that died, so we had an over abundance of feral house cats running around this spring. One got into our coup and killed 6 one night, then I caught it in the act the next night killing the rest.

My 3 retired neighbors had a great time for a couple weeks “taking care” of the cat problem. The thing that pissed all them off the most was having to buy eggs from the store.

We had a crazy cat lady back behind us that died, so we had an over abundance of feral house cats running around this spring. One got into our coup and killed 6 one night, then I caught it in the act the next night killing the rest.

My 3 retired neighbors had a great time for a couple weeks “taking care” of the cat problem. The thing that pissed all them off the most was having to buy eggs from the store.

I mean it didn’t break my heart to bad losing 10 chickens as we still have 11 of them left. My wife is becoming a crazy chicken lady

I lost my meager flock of 5 hens a couple years ago to a couple raccoons. Killed them all and barely ate anything. My hate for them went off the charts since then. I've trapped and killed a few, but the supply is endless given all the alleys, dumpsters, and wooded ditches in town. The war continues.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back