Caribou Gear Tarp

Cheyenne or Laramie for a trip layover??

Scott85

Which town is better for a layover on a road trip and what are must eat places in each??

I've always enjoyed the Crowbar in Laramie passing through after hunts. UW has a free quick geology museum which has skulls of a couple of the extinct species of antelope that roamed the plains. Worth a visit if you're into that sort of thing.
20221123_112008.jpg

Saratoga. That's the answer. The soak is better than anything in Laramie or Cheyenne.

Beyond that it depends but Laramie likely has more interesting things to do. Crowbar is has good pizza, chop house, altitude, are all good. The good egg or Prairie Rose for breakfast unless it's Sunday then Anadale Rapido also has pretty good breakfast if you like Mexican food.

At night you might visit the Cowboy, Buckhorn, and 3rd Street. 3rd Street drinks are crazy strong.

Art museum has some cool stuff, UW has a lot of events as well.

Cheyenne is more like Greeley every time I visit. It will get worse once the meat plant project comes to town.

Stay in Laramie but stop and eat at the Bunkhouse before you head over the pass. The Library has some good wings of you wanted to stay in town.

Don't believe the nonsense coming from a Casper resident about Cheyenne, that's a pot and kettle comparison right there.
Having lived in both, you’re not wrong. Casper has way better hunting and fishing nearby and a lot more public land, but there’s way more sketchy people doing sketchy things in Casper than Cheyenne.

I’d certainly recommend TJos over the Bunkhouse though. TJos has way better Prime Rib if you order the blackened.

Saratoga. That's the answer. The soak is better than anything in Laramie or Cheyenne.

Beyond that it depends but Laramie likely has more interesting things to do. Crowbar is has good pizza, chop house, altitude, are all good. The good egg or Prairie Rose for breakfast unless it's Sunday then Anadale Rapido also has pretty good breakfast if you like Mexican food.

At night you might visit the Cowboy, Buckhorn, and 3rd Street. 3rd Street drinks are crazy strong.

Art museum has some cool stuff, UW has a lot of events as well.

Cheyenne is more like Greeley every time I visit. It will get worse once the meat plant project comes to town.
I’ll second that. I love Saratoga, that’s why I bought land up there.

Haven’t seen anything since that article…curious now if there’s something I’m missing?

Don’t waste your time in Cheyenne. I second the Library wings. Bond’s is a cool place for beer, too. I’m a big fan of Corona Villiage. I could eat Mexican food for every meal. I think Accomplice is enormously overrated, along with the Rib ‘N Chop.

Last edited:
Stay in Laramie but stop and eat at the Bunkhouse before you head over the pass. The Library has some good wings of you wanted to stay in town.

Don't believe the nonsense coming from a Casper resident about Cheyenne, that's a pot and kettle comparison right there.

If we wanted another rat hole town we’d take Council Bluffs from Iowa.

With all the sports teams having to change from native names I can’t believe the Cheyenne Nation hasn’t pointed to the town and said “yeah, we don’t want our name on that rat trap”

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back