Cheesy Pics

Wildabeest

No, it’s not another corny dad joke thread...

After sitting through 4 hours of Diversity and Inclusion training today at work, it dawned on me that we have not been treating cheese fairly. So much unconscious (and conscious!) bias; using cheese as a means to an end for derailing already derailed threads; and worst of all not giving cheese an equal seat at the table compared to other topics. Not to mention the term “cheesy” - not exactly a positive reinforcement or esteem builder.

Thus, I think it’s time for cheese to have ITS OWN thread! No longer will it have to linger behind the curtains of other threads. This is cheese’s opportunity to break out and bask in the limelight! So post your cheese pics here - the “cheesier” the better!

On that theme, I decided to make cheesesteak sandwiches tonight. Sliced a semi-frozen top round from our 2020 mule deer harvest super thin and seared it in cast iron skillet. Then added sliced and sautéed red bell pepper and red onion and let it cook together for a bit. Cut a fresh from the bakery hoagie roll, lined the bottom with Tillamook smoked provolone, then a layer of the meat mixture, another layer of cheese, another layer of meat and topped it off with more cheese. Put the whole thing in the oven at 400 for about 7 minutes. Turned out OK.

BD82E098-6275-43A6-8120-02C9969F7C8A.jpeg

Now before you PA guys get your panties all in a wad about using provolone vs. cheese-whiz, or @wllm1313 insists that Cabot is better than Tillamook, let’s all just remember - #AllCheeseMatters!

How many days until fall? 🤣

Last edited:
I sadly don't have any good cheese in the house at the moment - lots of the pedestrain stuff, but not picture worthy. I love a heavily granulated 2 year aged Gouda and all sorts of strong bleu cheeses. In fact just typing this has convinced me to drive across town to my favorite cheese shop and get some. As they say in the TV News promos, "photos at 11".

Last edited:
classic would be mild cheddar but I wonder if some sort of horseradish Havarti wouldn't be better.
Ohh that's a good idea, thanks!

Once I took some in to work to share, with a bunch of fancy crackers and cheese. I found myself wishing I had instead gotten basic old saltines and cheddar! :ROFLMAO:

I sadly don't have any good cheese in the house at the moment - lots of the pedestrain stuff, but not picture worthy. I love a heavily granulated 2 year aged Gouda and all sorts of strong bleu cheeses. In fact just typing this has convinced me to drive across town to my favorite cheese shop and get some. As they say in the TV News promos, "photos at 11".
Thanks for reminding me @Wildabeast . . .

1610059134178.png

No, it’s not another corny dad joke thread...

After sitting through 4 hours of Diversity and Inclusion training today at work, it dawned on me that we have not been treating cheese fairly. So much unconscious (and conscious!) bias; using cheese as a means to an end for derailing already derailed threads; and worst of all not giving cheese an equal seat at the table compared to other topics. Not to mention the term “cheesy” - not exactly a positive reinforcement or esteem builder.

Thus, I think it’s time for cheese to have ITS OWN thread! No longer will it have to linger behind the curtains of other threads. This is cheese’s opportunity to break out and bask in the limelight! So post your cheese pics here - the “cheesier” the better!

On that theme, I decided to make cheesesteak sandwiches tonight. Sliced a semi-frozen top round from our 2020 mule deer harvest super thin and seared it in cast iron skillet. Then added sliced and sautéed red bell pepper and red onion and let it cook together for a bit. Cut a fresh from the bakery hoagie roll, lined the bottom with Tillamook smoked provolone, then a layer of the meat mixture, another layer of cheese, another layer of meat and topped it off with more cheese. Put the whole thing in the oven at 400 for about 7 minutes. Turned out OK.

View attachment 165417

Now before you PA guys get your panties all in a wad about using provolone vs. cheese-whiz, or @wllm1313 insists that Cabot is better than Tillamook, let’s all just remember - #AllCheeseMatters!

How many days until fall? 🤣

Yeah I just put that on the wife's grocery list.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back