MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Cheers from Canada

canadian_eh

Hey Guys,

Just want to introduce myself to the group here - I am a Canadian, out of central Ontario. I work in construction management, and am an waterfowl, and whitetail hunter, and recently go into the pursuit of black bears.

Hunting opportunities in my area, while bountiful, are fairly monotonous in the sense that most of the landscape is heavily wooded, meaning that big game hunting is primarily ambush hunting from tree stands, and still hunting when mixing things up. Two years ago I was put on to the work of Steve Rinella, Randy Newberg, Remi Warren, etc, and discovered the world of western DIY big game hunting. Public land, spot and stalk, pack-in pack-out. The beautiful landscapes that the western states (and provinces) have to offer, are enough to have made me consider making the move across the continent to immerse my self in the culture, but unfortunately due to work commitments at this time, I have to stick around my current home base. Anyways I digress....

I have joined this forum to gain insight on the western hunting culture, and hopefully acquire some knowledge from this group of guys that can serve me in my goal of embarking on a western DIY mule deer rifle hunt in fall of '17.

I look forward to interacting and learning from this forum, cheers gentlemen.

AR

Back