Chamois

I just saw a DVD where they were "hunting" both with helicopter. Once they had one spotted, they dropped off the "shooter" and then used the chopper to chase the critter past him. What a joke. Your hunting methods are much more impressive. Thanks for sharing your stomping grounds. What is superlative for amazing country?

I just saw a DVD where they were "hunting" both with helicopter. Once they had one spotted, they dropped off the "shooter" and then used the chopper to chase the critter past him. What a joke. Your hunting methods are much more impressive. Thanks for sharing your stomping grounds. What is superlative for amazing country?
I hear what your saying, it sucks badly. Nothing worse while labouring under a heavy pack to see a chopper fly in to your chosen area, if only for the fact they did not stop to give you a ride in:). Though its worse still if they return shortly after with beasts hanging from their flying machine. Though we are yet to use a chopper, I ain't got anything against the use of one to ferry hunters into the mountains. Unfortunately when they are used in unsavoury ways it's really rotten.. Some people don't deserve to spend time on the mountain.

Hey ds,
What is your guys success rate with archery equipment?
Recent years have been kind to us, with either my brother or myself tasting some sort of success per trip, were on a bit of a roll. Though it was not always like that, we have done it hard learning our way around them animals with bows in hand. My brother did 12 consecutive trips (12 years) before he scored a Bull Tahr, mind you there had only been a hand full bulls taken with the bow at that point. I caught it all on video, it made for some great viewing watching him turn into a big sook.:D

I have to admit I did both, Hiked and the Chopper..... I would go back and use a Chopper again, but jsut because I like shooting stag and throwing up from motion sickness at the same time :D

Pictures were taken in '98. I have another Website I haven't been to in many years www.elkaholic.com . HEre is the Story I posted in 1998 :

http://www.elkaholic.com/98.html

It was a great time. Something new. Something I might do again. I'm a been there, done that, type of guy. Next year is Africe and thats anotehr big new one for me.

Kiwi's are by far the BAd A$$ hunters of the world. The foot hunters and the Chopper Cowboys. Them boys do what it takes to get he job done. Tougher then the dirt they walk on. Americans are PUSSies in comparison.....

Was a great time, I had alot of pictures uploaded in the past and lost them. I had Video and recorded over it. I would give alot of money to have that video now.

Back