Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Central Wyoming Gunsmiths

El Guapo

Anyone have a good gunsmith that they can recommend in central and/or SE Wyoming? Looking for someone with good experience with feeding problems and improved cartridges, which can be delicate and touchy, not something for the local garage or basement tinkerer. I'm having some issues with a re-barreled .280 Ackley. The gentleman that I’ve used forever around here is getting up there and closing in on retirement from his second career as a smith.

I've met Dale Story and was impressed; it looks like Robert Stone at RGS is his protégé. Also read about Fred Zeglen at Z-Hat, and have been impressed with what I’ve read. Anyone have experience with either of these or have any other suggestions? Thanks, I would like to get a particular rifle up and running by summer.

I'm not sure if Gillette is central enough but I know Crittergitter has a 330 Dakota that shoots lights out built by Mac's gun works.

If it were me I wouldn't worry about location. I would figure out who has a reputation for knowing your platform very well--action, feeding system, and chambering--and go from there. There are excellent options for M70, Rem 700, general accurizing, etc. smiths, and I wouldn't want to limit myself to who is around locally. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
I had mine built here in Sheridan. Love my rifle, but for as much as I have into it, I should have just bought a GA Precision or other hight quality maker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back