catahoula dogs:

sandburr

Has anyone hunted these dogs? I got a PAIR FROM LA. AND THEY REALLY DO A JOB ON COON HERE IN mO.

------------------

Sandburr-I have heard of it. I guess they are great cow dogs, but dont see why they wouldnt work for coon if they work. By the way welcome to moosies forum! Good to have ya! bcat

Hunted with some a few times...very aggresive dogs. They ran and treed with the other dogs, But I still havent seen a cur I am real impressed with.

BCAT: tHESE DOGS RUN SILENT ON TRAIL ON OPEN UP WHEN QUARRY IS IN SIGHT. SOME TIMES THIS IS NOT GOOD,THEY GET TOOFAR AWAY!!

sandburr, Welcome to Moosie's!! I have owned two Catahoulas and they were great dogs. I would love to own another one someday.

Sandbur-I used to have dogs that were very vocal on the trail. Most of my new dogs are very quiet on the trail and I have noticed a difference in the distance we go as far as treeing lions. We used to get into some awaful long chases, and now it seems they are usually fairly short. I really like the silent ones for bobcat hunting. Seems the element of surprize gets em in the tree much faster. I kinda like the silent ones. I have tracking collars, so it really doesnt matter to me if I can hear on the trail. I would want a more vocal trail dog if I were hunting coons I suppose. I love to hear em on the trail tho!bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

chambliss_4Logoboy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back