Can't see the pins

howl

This post is for tips on bow sights other than pins that might be better for someone with extremely bad eyesight. My eyes are so bad my opthalmologist is surprised he can correct my vision to where it is, and that's as good as he can do. I'm the kind of patient where when I go to a new doctor, they call everyone in to have a look because they never see anything like it.

So middle age has removed my ability to focus on the fiber pins on a compound. I used to shoot very well, but not anymore. I can still shoot trad instinctive, but I can't get a hard focus on target past twenty yards. And that's in good light. Can't hit it if I can't see it. Now, I use red dots on guns. That would work, except electronic sights are not allowed in some states.

Are there any new kinds of bow sights that might work better?

If you wear glasses, they make prescription inserted peep sights. They also make scopes with crosshairs you mount just like regular sights. You can get those lenses in prescription too. You could always go trad and not worry about pins ;) Getting in to 20 yards on an elk is a rush!!

My Dad has a sight that is 3in. across and has a glass lens with blaze orange
crosshairs on it like a riflescope.(As per Cush.)
Sorry,but it has no manufacture name or number on it.
I was playing with it and I just might try one.Lookout Sportsmans here I come! 〽💥

Look a an EZ V sight. Not something i normally wousl recommend however in your case it should be a consideration

My Dad has a sight that is 3in. across and has a glass lens with blaze orange
crosshairs on it like a riflescope.Sorry,but it has no manufacture name or number on it.
I was playing with it and I just might try one.Lookout Sportsmans here I come! 〽💥

Professional 3D and tournament archers use the crosshair sights. I've got a buddy that has diabetes and he said the scope was a life changer with his eyesight deteriating over time. It still keeps him in the woods.

Look up Specialty Archery peeps. They have peeps with lenses that help you focus on things near or far up to 5/16. I would think you need a verifier.

Have you tried something with a single pin vertical sight?

That might be easier for you to see than a multi pin sight.

also, it might help you to not use a peep sight.

I'd also recommend verifies or clarifiers. They come in different prescriptions and allows you to clear up pins and target. Any good proshop should have them in stock

I've given up using a bow because with bifocals I cannot see both the target and the sight, only one or the other. The struggle is real man. I'd like to say that using a crossbow with a scope works but fear the retribution from the archery Nazis. I'm not quite understanding these verifiers and clarifiers, their website isn't overly helpful IMO. Looks like a trip to the archery shop$$$$

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back