Caribou Gear Tarp

Camping in unit 43

This info has been very helpful. I don't care for specifics. The general info is great for first timers....that being said, if anyone wants to send Lat/Longs, just PM me : ) lol

How did everyone's applications go for Diamond Lake and/or Laramie River? We applied for Diamond Lake...unsuccessful, so then we applied for Laramie River...Unsuccessful. I'm not necessarily in a panic yet, but that definitely throws a wrench in things. Personally I think it is stupid to draw for those areas a month before the season opens. People from out of state have already made plans, requested off work, etc by then. We would have moved out trip to after Oct 1 had we known this would happen, but most of the group can't change plans this close to the date. Tough part for me is I am bringing a couple guys who have never even been out west to try to get their 1st antelope. I know both Laramie River and Diamond Lake pretty well, but not having access now makes things interesting. I've been studying Onx maps trying to come up with a plan C.

It does make you make a choice. Either go in October with unlimited permits or take a chance and try to draw limited permits for September.

Is the hunting pressure much different between the 2 time frames?

Maybe I’m naive as I’m kind of new to the forum, but isn’t that kind of part of it? Asking for general info about certain areas after looking into them and doing research? No one that I’ve seen has asked for or given away any specifics about hunting areas. To me if someone see’s the general info of this thread and decodes that they want to give it a shot, good for them. The only reason we applied for it was because of the 2 HMA’s and were a little intimidated by the broken up public lands, which I think is probably a common thing with first timers out west. And it’s been good to hear the pros and cons of the unit we picked, I really appreciate everyone’s Info

Hes talking about putting the unit number in the thread title. You just opened this thread up to literally millions of google searchers who are not member of this forum but will search "wyoming unit XX" . They will pull the thread, take the info, and run without ever being members of or contributing to the forum. The end result is the unit you just posted about will see a huge jump in apps next year and may never go back to being an easy draw. Life goes on...... but it can be avoided

Boonerville, me and Taylor were successful drawing Diamond Lake. We will be hunting Sept. 16-21. Of course we will spend most of our time in Diamond Lake, but it we scout any other areas out and find something good, ill let you know. What dates are you going? If we can help you out in any way PM me.

Lol, I asked about camping. Next year ill just pm you to get all of my info. Thanks honey! Also booner, we got lucky and drew diamond lake. Sorry about the draw man.

Boonerville, me and Taylor were successful drawing Diamond Lake. We will be hunting Sept. 16-21. Of course we will spend most of our time in Diamond Lake, but it we scout any other areas out and find something good, ill let you know. What dates are you going? If we can help you out in any way PM me.

Ill be there September 22-28th.

My grandson and I are coming out Oct. 7-13 for his first antelope hunt. Any of you guys or gals that have already hunted in 43 have any advice for us we would appreciate it. It's my first trip to that area. We have Diamond Lake permits. PM would be great. Thanks and have a great hunt.

2 antelope down in 1.5 days of hunting. Will post pics whenever I can get them on my computer..

My grandson and I are coming out Oct. 7-13 for his first antelope hunt. Any of you guys or gals that have already hunted in 43 have any advice for us we would appreciate it. It's my first trip to that area. We have Diamond Lake permits. PM would be great. Thanks and have a great hunt.

We have a major weather change coming so bring your warm stuff and be prepared for snow. You will enjoy the hunt. Might be cold for fishing but consider bringing your fishing gear. A drive up into the mountains at Arlington access should be on your agenda too. Perhaps some elk will be down on the Wicke/ Beumee for viewing. Good fishing on the unit also.
Diamond Lake also has good fishing from the bank.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back