Camcorders, Any suggestions?

smalls

I am going to be buying a camcorder in the next week and a half and was wondering if anyone had any recomendations.

I have looked at the Canon ZR-80 and a couple of Sony models in the $400-500 range. Anyone have any experiences with these?

And when video cameras say they have 900x digital zoom, is that even relevant? Is there any resolution at that level of zoom?

Also, how important is image stabilization? I imagine a majority of the time it will be handheld, not on a tripod of sorts. And I promise that I will put video up here.

Forget the Digital Zoom... thats a Marketing ploy. It isn't even worth having on. You'll get 100% agreement with anyone that knows anything !!!

Image stabilization is VERY important. You'll get 100% agreement with anyone that knows anything !!!

As far as the Digital Camcorders. I personally owned a Zr25 then jsut bought the Zr-80 (or 75, or 90 or something like that) but I love it !! I got a Pelican Case for it and Couston fit it for the Batteries and tapes too.

I love that camera and Will stick with it. I'm not bad mouthing any others but I can Atest the Cannon works like a Charm !!!

PS, Wylee also has the ZR-60 and Loves It.

One complaint that I have heard form my sis-in-law re: her Canon ZR 80 is that with this style/model the microphone is installed too close to the motor. This results in some noise when you are recording in quiet conditions. Other than that I have heard that it is a pretty good camera.

I have a Sony TRV22 and it works great for me, other than mid quality stills, but I think that will be the case for most cameras in that price range. Mine gets tossed around during hunting season, but has held up well. Let us know what you go with.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back