Calling

Jchristians

last fall was my first elk hiunt ever and I Praticed all summer and i got a few bugles back. Just looking fo some tips and tricks for this fall.

Remi Warren just did a podcast on his "Live Wild" platform that was a Q&A related to calling. Had some great beginner tips in it, might give it a listen.

Corey Jacobson on how to make elk sounds and Paul Medel on how/when/why to call elk. YouTube them separately

Nothing beats real time In the woods listening and watching elk socialize
Paul has an app that's only about $10 on Google Play. Loads of great calling info that you can listen to out in the field.

The biggest thing is to act like you truly know what your doing. Elk love confidence. They know when there is a lack of effort.

I usually jam to Copperhead Road before i get western on the calls. The hype is unreal! It really is unstoppable.

One issue that isn't as good at selling calling programs, is they're just more and more people out there calling elk deeper in the backcountry and teaching them what people are like...

I've heard more people saying that Elk are getting less responsive in areas especially over the counter that get lots of pressure, so it might not be you.

This what 7 miles into a limited entry hunt unit, with a spike tag in your pocket looks like... This is after waiving way multiple other bulls.

One issue that isn't as good at selling calling programs, is they're just more and more people out there calling elk deeper in the backcountry and teaching them what people are like...

I've heard more people saying that Elk are getting less responsive in areas especially over the counter that get lots of pressure, so it might not be you.

This what 7 miles into a limited entry hunt unit, with a spike tag in your pocket looks like... This is after waiving way multiple other bulls.

yeah, to be real honest with you im just glad that i got 2 bugles back last fall. thats like in the big horns by sheridan WY if you hear a bugle in that area its most likely another hunter

last fall was my first elk hiunt ever and I Praticed all summer and i got a few bugles back. Just looking fo some tips and tricks for this fall.
Practice, practice and more practice. Get out during the rut and listen and try to mimic their sounds. Research, watch videos and elk camp tv

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back