MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

California Zone A33

jsmith116

Hello everyone. I am new to hunting Forums andI am not sure if this is the proper spot to post, but I drew a late season A33 tag this year and have never hunted Fort Hunter Leggett. Any info would be much appreciated?
Thank you

We don’t know a thing about you and your experiences with hunting and you’re asking a very general question. Practice every single day with your bow and you shouldn’t have a problem finding opportunity on stalking at least a doe in there... good luck

I didn't know I needed to post my hunting resume.
I grew up in Auburn Ca. I hunt every season. Started with ducking hunting near Sacramento. Then moved to turkey hunting and then started hunting pigs, deer, and trying now to get an elk tag. I hunt with a 12 gauge for waterfowl, bow for turkey, and bow and rifle for deer. I just took a 4 point in A zone on Monday. I hunt out of state for deer every year too. I got a 6 year old GSP for waterfowl and the occasional quail when we get bored between seasons. I hope this is enough for yo all to get to know me. Again, if you guys know anyone that has hunted Leggett, please let me know.
Thanks

I didn't know I needed to post my hunting resume.
I grew up in Auburn Ca. I hunt every season. Started with ducking hunting near Sacramento. Then moved to turkey hunting and then started hunting pigs, deer, and trying now to get an elk tag. I hunt with a 12 gauge for waterfowl, bow for turkey, and bow and rifle for deer. I just took a 4 point in A zone on Monday. I hunt out of state for deer every year too. I got a 6 year old GSP for waterfowl and the occasional quail when we get bored between seasons. I hope this is enough for yo all to get to know me. Again, if you guys know anyone that has hunted Leggett, please let me know.
Thanks
I haven't personally hunted here but I know a couple guys that have. I think the deer hunts are muzzleloader hunts only and you are restricted to certain areas each day depending on military operations going on at the time out there. You have to report to the guard shack each day to check in and out. I've heard there's decent opportunity. Hopefully someone with personal experience can help more. Good luck!

Fort Hunter Liggett has a site with everything you need to know in terms of what areas are open and closed due to trainings. Its an ever revolving door of what areas are open. You have to buy extra permits to hunt the base and need to register any firearm you take on base. I've heard the hunting may be pretty restricted there due to COVID and them having to make up of lost trainings. I'd call the station to gather info bc this season might be a little different than past seasons.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back