Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

California Woman Repeatedly Gored by Bison in Yellowstone

WyoDoug

This is rediculous. She had plenty of warnings to stay away and still got within 10 FEET (not yards) for pictures. That is WAY too close. One of these days them dang terrorists err tourists I mean will obey the posted signs.

Reactions: trb
This is rediculous. She had plenty of warnings to stay away and still got within 10 FEET (not yards) for pictures. That is WAY too close. One of these days them dang terrorists err tourists I mean will obey the posted signs.

The lack of common sense of tourists there is unbelievable. I spent a summer living in Canyon City flipping burgers (but mostly fishing) and some of the dumbassery highlights included:

1) My coworker watched a guy try to put his baby on a bison's back for a photo. He got within 5 feet. Luckily it ran away instead of the alternative.

2) A woman eating breakfast asked me "what do they do with the animals at night?"

3) I watched people swarm a pull off with a sow grizzly with 2 cubs within 50 feet of the road to take pictures. When she got annoyed and woofed and started taking steps towards the road, people literally panicked, screamed and ran to their cars. The bears eventually weaved through the parked cars and crossed the road.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back