PEAX Equipment

California dreamin

MTcoug

Hello everyone! I have lived many places through work for the last 18 years and currently call Colusa County, CA home. I grew up in the outdoors, met my wife in the same department at Washington State University, and the rest has been uphill from there. I started elk and antelope hunting in 2009 while living in eastern MT, and have been incredibly lucky to have taken 1 cow and 2 nice bulls in 6 years, and lots of antelope. I have in-laws living in MT now and we go back a few times a year, and I'm allowed a kitchen pass to elk hunt with my father-in-law every Fall :) I've also taken the opportunity to drag my youngsters out of school for a very long weekend in October for the antelope opener in MT for the last few years. Although I love the outdoors and all CA has to offer, it's been difficult for me to justify the $$ to take the kids out locally after being spoiled with public access and bountiful opportunity in other states, but I'm working on providing those fond memories for my kids. I'm a strong supporter of public land and science-based management, and am active in various conservation and fish/wildlife associations. I have never been a great blogger or forum person, but I'm looking forward to being more active and sharing where I can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back