Caribou Gear Tarp

California Azone-Dzone

FloatDogg

Whats up guys!

joined a couple months ago. Been hitting A zone north HARD the past month. Next week the season ends and I'm hoping to harvest my first buck. I camped a spring just yesterday and a doe and a fawn came to get a drink. Closest I ever got to a deer without it knowing I was there. Ranged them at 40 yards. my cousin made a slight move and they caught it and jammed. Was hoping a buck would come strolling along right after but you live and you learn.

If I am unsuccessful this coming weekend, I may try to hit D zone since they're open until November. Not asking for any honeyholes but a general area I can start in would be greatly appreciated!

any info would help.

thanks all and good luck!

Which D zone are you thinking because not all are created equal
D3-5 are my closest options. I tried auburn SRA during opening weekend and it was difficult. Saw one doe. I hunted out of knoxville wildlife area for the past month and a half and saw so many doe's but no bucks. Only once and it was before legal shooting hours otw to the area we were going to hunt. So since my A zone season came and went I am still able to hunt B zone or D zone. I have an AO tag.

AO tags are really tough to fill once they get hard horned, they seem to find another gear and the numbers of hunters out in the field aren’t doing you any favors. However with the cooler weather at least they’re not completely nocturnal

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back