Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Cabelas gortex parkas?

Ozarkshunter95

Are they worth the money I'm looking at the either the mt 050 or the extreme late season parka I know cabelas isnt the best brand but I get 45% off there products so I thought it would be worth a look I would be using it as my puffy layer or they Also offer a goose down jacket

Last edited:
I had a lot of cabelas stuff before moving to Sitka and it was very serviceable. I just looked at the sight and the MT050 parka is $299 so you would be around $165. Just my opinion but I think that is a pretty good deal and coat should serve you well.

That was my Hope I use there stuff now to hunt here in Missouri and it serves me well I just want to make sure it will be enough in the mountains not sure I'd need a coat like that for a Wyoming mule deer hunt but I'd rather have and not need than need and not have

I don't stand hunt here really I set for an hour or to them move I thought it would be good to have for glassing

I have the Cabela's MT50 parka and bibs, if you're sitting in a stand and not moving much, especially in adverse weather, it does keep you warm and dry. For me, I find it to be well made and pretty durable. As for being active while wearing it, it is bulky and for me anyways, can really have you sweating rather quickly, if I'm wearing it and being more active in my hunting, I adjust and wear less layers to keep the sweating down. I've worn it in temps hovering in the teens and 15-20mph winds with snow, sleet and rain and was completely dry and comfortable. I don't think you can go wrong in getting one.

I have some great old Cabellas Goretex gear. One set is 30 yrs old at least,always in my truck. I would be hesitant to get newer none gore from them now.
Hell I won't even replace my microtex from them now...junk.

I have the Cabela's MT50 parka and bibs, if you're sitting in a stand and not moving much, especially in adverse weather, it does keep you warm and dry. For me, I find it to be well made and pretty durable. As for being active while wearing it, it is bulky and for me anyways, can really have you sweating rather quickly, if I'm wearing it and being more active in my hunting, I adjust and wear less layers to keep the sweating down. I've worn it in temps hovering in the teens and 15-20mph winds with snow, sleet and rain and was completely dry and comfortable. I don't think you can go wrong in getting one.
My plan was to use it like a down puffy layer for setting and glassing and removing it for a stalk

I have some great old Cabellas Goretex gear. One set is 30 yrs old at least,always in my truck. I would be hesitant to get newer none gore from them now.
Hell I won't even replace my microtex from them now...junk.
All the cabelas gear at my local bass pro is still gortex the bass pro versions aren't but they still keep wind and water out

had some for several years, it has worked well. but keep in mind, I am in the south so I don't use it that often. I do drag it out west when we go, just in case.

So don't wear it all the time just as a puffy layer
When I say western hunting I am thinking about elk or mule deer hunting. There will be enough aerobic activity to generate heat and sweat, not well suited for a big down jacket. Additionally, you carry anything you are not wearing on your back. lightweight is king here and a cabelas jacket just would not be carried.

When I say western hunting I am thinking about elk or mule deer hunting. There will be enough aerobic activity to generate heat and sweat, not well suited for a big down jacket. Additionally, you carry anything you are not wearing on your back. lightweight is king here and a cabelas jacket just would not be carried.
I see I'm trying to gear up for western hunting it has good reviews but I was unsure it was needed I run on the hot side as it is and weight never crossed my mind

I have the parka and pants. I break them out for the COLD weather. And yes, it's fairly bulky and heavy. Pretty toasty, though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back