Caribou Gear

buying my first rifle/mounting scope

madeirax56

Hey guys, I know this is a long shot, but I am purchasing a Howa 1500 next week, and already have a Vortex Viper to put on top of it. Is there anyone located in the Everett/Seattle area that would be willing to "help" me mount the scope? I dont have any of the tools but have the hardware. Sportsmans Warehouse will only mount and boresight it if I buy the rifle there too and they don't have the stainless option I'm after. I could go get it done at West Coast Armory for $65, but though I'd check here too to see if anyone would be willing to walk me through the process so I can just learn to do it myself for next time. I have looked at a lot online as far as the process, but don't feel ready yet to buy the tools (torque driver, alignment bars, levels...) Am I asking too much? Let me know!

I'd help you out if I lived near you. I'm confident someone will help you.

The way I see it is if you plan to mount a few more scopes for yourself, buying them tools makes sense. If you’re a one rifle guy, then it’s probably easy enough to just pay to have it done. I’ve accumulated the tools over the years that I now have everything I need to mount scopes for myself or my friends, but without the right tools the risk of screwing something up increases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back