Caribou Gear Tarp

Bull Elk Vs. Semi

Mini Moose

So this morning at about 5 30 i get woken up to go pick my dad up because he hit an elk last night on his way from montana to idaho, well here is some pictures

lying in the median
elk2.jpg

another of the bull in the median
elk1.jpg

My dad holding up the head
elk3.jpg

views of the truck are the next 3
truck3.jpg

truck2.jpg

truck1.jpg

Too bad for all involved. Cool pics. Glad your dad wasn't hurt. This very reason is why I drive a Geo Metro, go right between their legs. :D

Kenworth-kills elk dead.

Your dad is lucky. Where was he at up by the MT border? Did he pull the backstraps off?

Kenworth-kills elk dead.

Your dad is lucky. Where was he at up by the MT border? Did he pull the backstraps off?

he was actually near dubois when he hit, and no didn't pull the backstraps, it has been cleaned up out of the median, but when the truck was towed into idaho falls, it was still there, the police officer that responded to the call actually took my dad back to the carcass and took the pictures with my dads phone,

He was traveling at 68 mph and didn't have a chance to hit the breaks, he took a second to look in his rearview to see if he could change lanes, when he looked back up 6 point bull in front of the truck, good by elk,

It is actually the second 6 pt. he has gotten with a semi, the previous one was almost 10 years ago outside jackson hole, but that one did alot more damage to the truck

Back