Caribou Gear Tarp

bucket O gills

schmalts

I love eating these things.... Happiness is a limit of bluegills on ice
P1040023.JPG

Good job on the pan fish Schmalts. It has been many years since I have caught any bluegill. I remember catching one as a kid that was the size of a small dinner plate.....then threw it back............

They do taste good, especially if someone else does all the filleting. Great job

Good job on the pan fish Schmalts. It has been many years since I have caught any bluegill. I remember catching one as a kid that was the size of a small dinner plate.....then threw it back............

Actually you did the right thing. Like most fish, even when gills get huge they start to get a little crappy tasting, but the smaller ones i will put against any perch any day. They are just harder to fillet than perch

nice looking bucket of gills there schmalts. but that had to be cold out there today. and windy even in a shack.

Good job on the gills,If your getting the same weather as me it would of been a cold SOB out there.

hell we had ice until the last couple days!! it was 60 and raining here yesterday and i don't thimk i would go out there when we only had 6 inches to begin with

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back