Sitka Pre Season Savings

Browtine is Famous!!!

IdahoBugler

Mr. Tine at an antler auction in Utah. He's the one on the phone asking his wife how high he can go on the 400" bull.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3508778

The wierd thing about this auction is a guy that poached a 400" bull was able to buy it back from the DWR. For a cheap $1700.

They do the same thing in BC. If you kill a short ram or 5 point elk or caribou with less than 5 on the top etc they seize it when you check it in, then you can come back or get the outfitter to buy it back at an auction in the spring. Seems kind of weird.

Whne I was up there a guy killed a ram that was milimeters short and he bought it back for $500.

The wierd thing about this auction is a guy that poached a 400" bull was able to buy it back from the DWR. For a cheap $1700.

Weird?? More like sad. There's no way that guy should have any rights when it comes to auctioned antlers.

Another thing that's sad is the lady who spent over 20K at the auction because there's such a big market for them overseas. There's 20k worth of antler that's gonna get ground up and used as an afrodesiac (sp?) over in Japan or China.

Anyway....question is....Did the wife let Browtine buy anything? :)

Did the wife let Browtine buy anything? :)[/QUOTE said:
That's a good question? But I have a hunch that he was probably talking with Doyle Moss and asking him what he wanted to spend on them. What say you Browtine?

What's weird is the guy wasn't in jail, or so broke from fines he couldn't afford it. I say "Cane em".

Damn!!! I can't go anywhere without the paparazzi finding me :) LOL

I bought an old 6x6 bull with skull for the yard. I was standing next to Doyle IDB, but he only bought a little 395 bull :)

Utah does some pretty pathetic things for sure. I can't believe some of the crap this state does :(

never mind the State, i find it hard to swallow that people would buy these and put them in their home when it was not their kill. I could understand buying for making lamps and stuff, but why buy them when a little work will get you a nice set ...eventually..

Back