Caribou Gear Tarp

Browning X Bolt White Gold Medallion...let's see 'em!

ludville1

To those that have a Browning X Bolt White Gold Medallion, how do you like it? To me, they are the best looking rifles currently made. I am seriously thinking of picking up one of these beauties. I bought a Browning X Bolt Maple Medallion last December (my first Browning rifle), and like it very much. Post up some pics if you can.

Couldn't take it anymore, lol! Just ordered one in .30-06. Will probably top it with Talley rings/bases, and a Leupold scope with Firedot...just not sure which one yet.

Been waiting for 2 years for this gun to become available @ my local Cabelas. Finally showed up online as available for order last week. Picked up my .308 yesterday, but still waiting on the scope to come in and mounted (Leupold VX5). Cant wait to start breaking it in. Sounds like we were in the same boat..... congrats on your purchase!!!

My brother has one in .270 too much bling for me, I much prefer the regular stainless xbolt with walnut. To each there own.

Been waiting for 2 years for this gun to become available @ my local Cabelas. Finally showed up online as available for order last week. Picked up my .308 yesterday, but still waiting on the scope to come in and mounted (Leupold VX5). Cant wait to start breaking it in. Sounds like we were in the same boat..... congrats on your purchase!!!

How long did it take from the time that you ordered it until received at your local Cabela's? Congrats on that beauty! The Leupold VX-5HD are great scopes...I have 2 of them.

My brother has one in .270 too much bling for me, I much prefer the regular stainless xbolt with walnut. To each there own.
I went back and forth a lot on that issue. It’s my go to hunting rifle so I was on the fence about all the pretty. But in the end, I figured if I’m even a little careful, it’ll stay a beautiful rifle and I’ll be handing it on to my daughter someday and she likes bling. Haha.

One thing I have read of is the depth of the holes for your bases. I’ve heard of a few that the screws bottomed out and wouldn’t get tight or stripped. I ordered my rings right from Browning and did not experience this but thought I’d throw it out there in case you hadn’t read that anywhere.

30th birthday present from the ole' lady in 300 Win Mag. Still playing around with load development but I like what I've seen so far!

180 grain aaccubonds with IMR 7828 is getting me 3100+ FPS with no pressure signs

20201222_203305.jpg
20201222_203301.jpg
20201222_203253.jpg

Last edited:
How long did it take from the time that you ordered it until received at your local Cabela's? Congrats on that beauty! The Leupold VX-5HD are great scopes...I have 2 of them.
Placed my order on 5/28/22 and was able to pick it up on 6/3/22. SUPER fast!!! I inquired about the whole process (during pickup) and this is what I was told...... Cabelas stores cannot place orders for firearms. Corporate Cabelas purchase a set # of guns from different manufacturers. If an order is placed they will ship to your desired (local) store, but once those "corporate" guns are gone there is NO reorder..... unless another store has one in stock...... say if an order was cancelled once placed then shipped, or if it has old (new) stock. Kinda frustrating when you really want a specific firearm and cant even place an order for one (if they are "sold out"). Or even have the ability to place and order direct from the manufacturer and get it shipped to a FFL dealer. Just glad I got mine when I did!! Hope you enjoy yours.

Placed my order on 5/28/22 and was able to pick it up on 6/3/22. SUPER fast!!! I inquired about the whole process (during pickup) and this is what I was told...... Cabelas stores cannot place orders for firearms. Corporate Cabelas purchase a set # of guns from different manufacturers. If an order is placed they will ship to your desired (local) store, but once those "corporate" guns are gone there is NO reorder..... unless another store has one in stock...... say if an order was cancelled once placed then shipped, or if it has old (new) stock. Kinda frustrating when you really want a specific firearm and cant even place an order for one (if they are "sold out"). Or even have the ability to place and order direct from the manufacturer and get it shipped to a FFL dealer. Just glad I got mine when I did!! Hope you enjoy yours.
Thanks. If mine looks as good as these rifles pictured, and it shoots well, I will be happy! Been looking at these for a while now. Last year, it was between one of these and a Winchester Model 70 Super Grade Stainless. I chose the Super Grade, but never forgot about the White Gold Medallion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back