Caribou Gear Tarp

Broke my MR

icb12

:(

Finally. It was inevitable. Use and abuse, and eventually it breaks.

Was putting a stalk on bullwinkle, in hopes of getting a good photo op. Apparently macro was too close for said moose; and a very very hasty retreat was in order :D

I pulled a headlong dive and roll and recover into the thickest nastiest alder patch I could reach before certain stomping was in session. After several high speed minutes of getting the crap beat out of me by brush while sprinting downhill and taking several headers I reached down and grabbed a handful and turned around to fight to the death, armed with a camera as a bludgeon and a six inch alder splinter I pulled out of my calf.
Turns out, he was satisfied with my run, and was well on his way back up the hill.

Unfortunately I busted a couple buckles in the mad dash. Both male ends, so I don't think I need to send it in. I'll call them tomorrow and get lined out.

I have to admit, I'm surprised only a couple buckles broke. Any lesser pack would be thrashed. Gotta love good quality gear!

hum.....if I could see a few of the pictures of you running scared like a little girl this "might" be believeable..LOL. Next time make sure to be wearing a video camera...video of this would be more fun to see... :)

I went for a hike the other night and about a half mile from the truck at dark I ran into a cow and calf. I couldn't get her to leave the road and she kept spinning around looking at me. She finally went out of sight and I tip toed the last 400 yds looking like a scared cat. I didn't have spray or a pistol so I was a bit nervous myself.

BTW Fin that's why I didn't return your call. I got home about an hour later than planned due to the Moose dodging I was doing.

Back