Broadhead for elk, deer and pronghorn

I plan on doing some broadhead testing over Easter. I’ve got Slick Trick std, Slick Trick Vipertrick, Montecs, VPA 3 blade and a couple of Aussie made 2 blades to try. Need to decide what I’m gunna use for Montana.

They look a good broadhead. Don’t have a lot of choice, at a reasonable price, over here unfortunately.

Used Magnus Stingers last year. Resulted in a dead deer. I find they are more accurate than field tips.

i need a change; I have the original rage 2 blade 2" in my quiver as they are dependable and shoot straight, but the last couple of years, I have been trying to get some muzzy 100 grain 3 blades (want to switch 100% to fixed), I've been practicing with them the last month or so and they were shooting pretty good, went out the last few days and I can see a noticeable shift in flight before target impact; one arrow will be 2-3" left of target, and 2 others will be the same but high, while field points and rage is dead on; only thing i can think of is there is a breeze but I'm in a fairly sheltered wooded area...

Trying to sort out what Broadhead to shoot....

just heard Randy say he uses Bone broadheads... but they look pretty primitive...

I’m looking at Slick Trick and Magnus Stingers... open to suggestions but I would like a 125 grain Broadhead.

Thanks for the help.
Be aware that if you have been shooting a different weight field point and want to move up in weight for your broadheads you will need to double check your arrow spine.

Thanks. Started with new Kinetic Pierce arrows. Looks like there are plenty of great broadhead choices on the market.

I shot magnus stingers this year- but didn’t get closer than 70 on my spot and stalk pronghorn. It was fun, but it’s rifle for pronghorn in that unit from here on out. I tried the blind one day and that was enough

Last year I moved to the Iron Will vented 125 broad heads, and since then have had three great kill shots on a Mule Deer, Black Bear, and Elk. It is a very high quality construct and they are easy to sharpen. Excellent customer service, highly recommend.

Trying to sort out what Broadhead to shoot....

just heard Randy say he uses Bone broadheads... but they look pretty primitive...

I’m looking at Slick Trick and Magnus Stingers... open to suggestions but I would like a 125 grain Broadhead.

Thanks for the help.

I use the Bone Broadheads and zipped thru my mule deer and my elk this year. Both animals died in sight. They are tough and penetrate very well. On my elk i hit a rib bone going in and going out. No issues, just resharpen an go. Although I probably wont use the elk broadhead again since its my first elk and I want to mount the broadhead on the plaque for the antlers, and the arrow drilled itself into a rock bed so it requires a bit of re sharpening. Broadheads are still good to go. Ill probably continue to use them until something better comes out.

I’m a recent Viper Trick convert. I used them for the big Montana adventure. I hit my bull right in the triangle from 40 yards. I watched the arrow blast through him and up the hill, never to be found. Same arrow set up punched through the antelope and buried into ground 40 yards past him.

My buddy shot his moose with a bone broadhead this year. Went through him like a hot knife through butter and he died in less than 100 yds. Those things are impressive on large animals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back