Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Bozeman area gun smith

2ski

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Bozeman area gunsmith? I would be willing to go as far as Three Forks or Livingston if need be.

I bought some .270 cartridges last year. The first time I went to chamber a round, the bolt wouldn't close all the way. I found that if I gave it a little oomph, I could get it closed. However, when I went to eject the cartridge, the bullet lodged in the barrel and stayed there when the shell came out. Since I had the gun angled down, I ended up with gun powder in the chamber. I cleaned the gun myself, but there is still some gun powder along where the barrel and the gun meet. I need someone to take it apart and really clean it for me.

Good gravy man, I'll clean it for free, I live southwest of Helena about 25 miles. I'm not a certified gunsmith but I'm a machinist that has worked on guns for almost 40 years.

If this a factory rifle and factory ammo I would guess you need more than a good cleaning. Sounds like you've got a head space problem and you need it checked with a 'go-no go gauge'.

Check out Braggin Rights Gun in Ennis---I have a rifle there right now getting some work done on it.
Don't know the Gunsmith real well but he seems like a solid guy and I believe Shedhorn has him do a ton of work for them. Located right behind Shedhorn Sports in Ennis
Worth a look and a quick drive.

Check out Braggin Rights Gun in Ennis---I have a rifle there right now getting some work done on it.
Don't know the Gunsmith real well but he seems like a solid guy and I believe Shedhorn has him do a ton of work for them. Located right behind Shedhorn Sports in Ennis
Worth a look and a quick drive.

Thanks AH, this post was on my radar.I havent needed much work requiring a gunsmith for years.Used Nagorski in Belgrade back in the nineties.Hoping to find a reputable outfit on the Three Forks side of things for some work on a waterfowl gun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back