Caribou Gear Tarp

Bowtech or PSE upgrade, which one

GlockZ

this year i'm looking to upgrade to a new compound bow. the one i have now is almost 10 years old. i've narrowed my choices down to 2. the Bowtech Reign 6/7 and the PSE Evolve. i've narrowed my choices from reading what i could find online. i'm waiting for my dealer to have both in stock, so i can check them both out and make my decision. just wondering if anyone has any preferences and or shot either one of these 2?... almost forgot the bow i currently have is a Bowtech as well.

I second the get both in hand and shoot. I have a Hoyt but I want a bowtech, hard to justify the upgrade when mine is newish and shoots well. Also no Bowtech dealers near me.

Let us know how the Reign shoots, I'm considering that upgrade as well.

I'm not that up to date on new bows but no way I'd look at Bowtech. They're the only manufacture I've heard of that have consistently had problems with their limbs. They may have fixed those issues but that would always in the back of my mind.

I'm not that up to date on new bows but no way I'd look at Bowtech. They're the only manufacture I've heard of that have consistently had problems with their limbs. They may have fixed those issues but that would always in the back of my mind.

I used to work at 3D archery in Vaughn, Mt. Bowtech is a great bow but what really makes them great is they stand behind their product. I have been shooting the Experience and have not upgraded due to how well it shoots. The Reign 7 according to my friend who owns the shop, said it's a great bow and an upgrade from the Experience. I take him at his word as I have known him for many years. Bowtech stands behind their bows and are great to work with.

Last edited:
I used to work at 3D archery in Vaughn, Mt. Bowtech is a great bow but what really makes them great is they stand behind their product. I have been shooting the Experience and have not upgraded due to how well it shoots. The Reign 7 according to my friend who owns the shop, said it's a great bow and an upgrade from the Experience. I take him at his word as I have known him for many years. Bowtech stands behind their bows and are great to work with.

You're right, they stand behind their products but they have to or else they would lose a lot of business. I had a set of limbs crack and they replaced them no questions asked. It's nice to have a company stand behind their products like that but I'd rather not have to worry about it. They're a nice bow and shoot well but if I were looking for a new bow, I'd look elsewhere. I have limited experience with them but I've heard more stories of their limbs cracking than any other bow.

The Bowtech BT-X is the one that was coming apart in the box or on the rack in 2016. They have supposedly corrected the problem. I wouldn't hesitate to get the new 3.0.
PSE is a better product in my opinion but try them both and go have fun. The new stuff will feel better on the shot than your 10 year old bow for sure.

I shot the Reign 7, Halon, and Defiant against each other recently. I liked the Reign 7 the best, Halon second , and Defiant 3rd. Just my humble opinion.

Apparently they didn't like having angry customers either. The new bows also have new limbs built in house to correct the limb issues. Now your up to speed.

Apparently they didn't like having angry customers either. The new bows also have new limbs built in house to correct the limb issues. Now your up to speed.

I'm glad they're working to correct the issue. Thanks for the update...

As far as Bowtech is concerned, they had limb issues 10 years ago as well. Its one thing to say a company had a problem and they fixed it. Its another thing for that company to have cracked limb issues again twice in 10 yrs. They are a good bow company and they have good bows, but they keep facing the same issues.

I wouldn't choose your bow based on online reading. Any of the top brand bows are good bows and the only way to know is to shoot them.

just an update. i was at the Great American Outdoors Show in Harrisburg,PA this week and was able to physically get my hands on both bows in question. First off, at the PSE booth they were reluctant to answer any questions about any of there bows, they seemed annoyed and unwilling to help or assist anyone that stopped by. So now i think i've narrowed my choice down to Bowtech. When i stopped by the Bowtech booth the kid went into this tirade of useful information about their new flagship bow. When he was done, any questions i might have had were answered. both bows are really nice and light, was unable to shoot either one, because they had no left handed models. The sufferings of a southpaw.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back