Bow Sling or No?

Dsnow9

Curious everyone’s thoughts on getting a bow sling or not, specifically one that covers the strings and cables. Any recommendations or criticism of ones you have used in the past would be welcomed.

I have the solo hunter one, works fine for what I use it for. I don’t use it for carrying the bow but like having the cables/cams covered going through brush

I bought one from cabelas some years back. I like it personally and use it every year. I understand some dont like them, i do like how it covers the string and cams.

I beat the crap out of my bows in the field and have never had an issue with the strings or cams. I just prefer less stuff to deal with and pack away when not using and I would rarely be using that during the day time. I had a primos one years ago and I used it for about 6 minutes before ditching it.

I use it to keep the strings/cams covered while I'm sitting around glassing/ at camp/ hiking when the sun's not out. I've never actually used it to carry my bow.

I have had one of thw Primos ones that cover the cam and cables/strings for years.

Worth it's weight in gold.

As some have said I use mine and would not leave home without it. I have the Cabelas one and it is neoprene type material. It is slow getting it on but comes off quickly. I bought it for long hikes out West with the idea of not having it strapped to my pack. It works perfectly for that but I use it here at home walking to and from my stand. I just take it off my shoulder and hang it on my stand hoist rope pull it up and it comes off quickly.

I use a 2” wooden toggle on paracord to fasten the riser to the PALS webbing on my pack. Then the top limb is fed thru the cinch strap on the pack top. Super easy. I doubt I’d actually use a sling if I had one.
21FE10E1-C678-4ED6-A70E-FB8BDB312C45.jpeg

Doesn't cover the cams or.string but if you are looking for a way to carry your bow while hunting or hiking. Always having it ready, I started using the Montana Bow Sling last fall and love it!

Where i like to use mine is when i am walking into my stand and i have my fanny pack on and if i am carrying in my chair or a bucket of apples. It frees up a hand for me and makes hauling in gear alot more user friendly.

Bought one off gohunt last year. It was nice piece of mind having the strings and cams covered. Not sure how helpful it truly is.

I do find it odd wearing it, this might be better if I played with it more.

I bought one this offseason. Wanted something to cover the strings and cams since I have a habit of finding briers and stickers with my bow strings when I am moving through the woods. Haven't played around with it much. It was only $30 so I'm not worried about the investment, but I hate ti have stuff that just sit there gathering dust...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back