Caribou Gear

Bow sights...Copper Johns

smalls

Any opinions on the "Dead Nuts" series of sights? I am in search of a new sight and found some in Cabelas bargain cave.

If not the CJ any other suggestions?

I hope they are worth a crap cause I bought one last Sunday. Hope to have it in my hands tonight. When my friend picked up my bow from the shop(2 hours away) he noticed the pins where not all in line with the string. The first one was then the sight was tweak so the others where more and more out of line. Do not know if that was the result of a punk kid putting it together or a actual problem with the sight. Should be able to check it out tonight.

The only problem I've had with mine is that I snagged the fiber optic and tore it off a pin. Called Copper John and they sent me some to replace it, but the way it's set up makes it very snaggable. That's probably why they made the flip open cover.

Copper John has a great reputation, if you can find one in the "bargain cave" I'm sure you would get your moneys worth.

Like Marv, I'm a Spott Hogg fan, I like the vertical wire.
There are several new sights on the market worth a look. "G-5" has a good looking sight out, and "Sword" sights are said to be as good as any, at a lower price. If I was looking for a new one, I would check out the "Sword" "Twlight Hunter".

Personally theres only about 1 style of dead nuts I would try and thats there, dead nuts 2 competition. I don't like how large the pin guard is on there sights. I prefer smaller 1 1/2" or so guards and also I won't look at any sight unless its on a dovetail extension with at least 6 inchs of adjustment. Being able to center your pin-guard within your peep helps you be alot more accurate.

This weekend, walking from one 3-D target to another at a shoot, I bumped it on some sage brush and broke the fiber optics on 3 of the pins. I am not happy about that. The POS is getting replaced.

Haven't used copper john sights look like a good sight to me and have thought about trying one.
But I have had the same montana black gold on my bow for 9 years.Broke the pin gaurd a few years ago.Montana black gold sent me a new one free.Replaced a sight pin i broke also.Don't have much reason to change.

Back