Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Bow Case for Flying

derek_s

What kind of bow cases are you folks using when you fly with a bow? I will be flying with mine for the first time in the fall and starting research cases. I currently just have a cheap one that works fine in the back of the truck but I'd like one more sturdy for a flight.

I bought this one and it survived a trip to AK and back from CO (4 flights total). It doesn't feel as sturdy as the more expensive ones, but for the price, this one worked great for me.
HQ Issue case

My bow has to travel thousands miles on trucks and planes to get to my adventures each year and the current padding in the case I already had was sorely lacking for the rigors of such trips.

NP7xXlw.jpg

A little foam and double sided tape later.

QSnQzHH.jpg

aERssaT.jpg

53jEncp.jpg

2BDsnPr.jpg

The broadheads also need safe passage so a rubber padded box is in order.

7vNv3Eo.jpg

00LXCus.jpg

ObWCiv5.jpg

SKB, have the double bow model. Survived a trip to Africa and thousands of mile in the truck. Holds 2 bows and with a little knife work, a dozen arrows and a small Plano tool kit. Like the idea that the contents are insured by SKB.

And it's still holding up pretty good?
Yes. However, the only use since AK was a a few rides in the back of the truck around CO, so nothing compared to what I assume the baggage handlers put it through.

Another for SKB.
Did Canada last year and Montana this year with no casualties.
I dI’d have a heavy duty Plano model BUT it weighed near 22lb before I put anything in it - that sucks up a heap of your luggage allowance. My SKB weighs in at half that.

I have about a dozens flight on a Sitka Nomad, so counting round trips and connections ....that a lot a of handling. Thats been my go to case as I can not only fit my bow bit most of my gear as well. Add to that I can get close to the 50 pound mark and its been excellent for my needs. I have an SKB that use as well same deal, 12 or 15 round-trip flights plus connections . It works well when I don't have to pack as much gear with me. I had drill and place two sets of eyes on the SKB because the latch locks on them suck. I place an extra TSA lock on both sides. It been fine for airline travel.

IF had to pick one though it would be the Nomad hands down. Even though its slightly oversized I have yet to get dinged on a extra charge, keeping it under 50 pounds.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back