PEAX Equipment

Bow Accessories

Bighorn191

Looking for a new bow and have looked at a couple that I like - mostly Hoyt Carbon Element and Elite Archery Pure. Wondering what accessories people have had the best luck with?

1. Bow sight brand and model?
2. Quiver brand and model
3. Arrow rest brand and model?
4. Stabilizer for hunting brand and model?

Thanks for you input...

This will sound self serving, as these companies are involved in the show. But, they pay me nothing to use their products and I get a lot of offers to endorse products for money.

I have used their stuff for years, even before a TV show came to be. Because they worked and held up to the abusive crap I seem to subject things to.

1. Bow sight - Depends upon what distances you shoot, whether flat ground or from a tree stand, but the entire line up of Black Gold sights is the best out there. All American-made and machined aluminum frames. Not the plastic disposable style stuff you see on competitors.

I shoot a Flashpoint HD - 5 pin. Want to try some of the newer ones, but if it ain't broke ..........

http://www.blackgoldsights.com/Default.aspx

2. (and 4.) Depends on if you want a one piece removable or non-removable, or a two-piece quiver. Tightspot Quivers is a one-piece removable quiver that is bomb proof, allows you to tighten your arrows to never worry about rattling or vibration. And the reason I mention #4 in the same line is that the Tightspot mount can be pivoted to put more weight forward or back, higher or lower, depending upon what balance you would be looking for in a stabilizer. And would not be a big bumper sticking out the front of your bow. I don't use a stabilizer and tilt my Tightspot more forward.

http://www.tightspotquiver.com/

3. Ripcord - Again, a fully American made product. Pretty much bomb proof. Has the deep arrow containment bracket, so no worries about it falling off. Even has the containment arm that goes over the top of the bracket. Has a two position arm and be set or unset very easily. I set mine in the upright position before I even draw back.

http://www.ripcordarrowrest.com/

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I really like my Plano All Weather Bow Case. It's a bit pricy but extremely sturdy and well built. By the time you drop money on the bow, site, rest, release, arrows, broadheads, etc you might as well protect your investment. No reson to buy a $40 case for a grand+ worth of stuff. they also make a similar case for guns that works great.

1. Spot Hogg Real Deal. Very durable
2. Tight Spot Quiver
3. Whisker Biscuit Sure Shot
4. Simms...least important on you list

1. I'm hearing great things about Spott Hogg the most - I like simplicity and I like the looks of the Real Deal the best - glad to hear it works good. I had an older Black Gold setup on my previous bow and at the time, it was considered the best. Also heard about Axcel sights but can't find anyone who has experience with them.

2. Tight Spot quivers are mentioned everywhere as being the best quiver made - you guys confirmed it as well - that's a no brainer. And Randy mentions that it actually balances out and may get rid of the need for a stabilizer - that's one i never considered because my older Mathews has to have a stabilizer just because of the way it's built.

3. Whisker biscuit for my bow - I still think this is the best rest made for all hunting situations. I could care less about 3d tournaments and don't need a fancy getup for that. I've tried inertia rests and they shoot fine but I want something that is not gonna let my arrow come off. Prob as many opinions on rests as there are sights - the market is completely saturated with ideas and it's like night and day comparing what is available when I shot every day back in the college days - back in the 80's there were a few choices.

4. Sounds like stabilizers are not used as much with more parallel limb designed bows? I'd like less crap on my bow and if I could eliminate a stabilizer, I'd be very happy.

All in all, a new bow every 10 years might be a good idea - I think I know where my tax refund is going this year. Thanks for the input.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back