Caribou Gear

Bourbon Post - Smooth Ambler Contridiction

Sapper.dawg

Fellow Hunt Talkers -

I spent the week ahead of Memorial Day in Myrtle Beach with two of my great friends that I served in Iraq with. This has become an annual outing for our families, and I find myself looking forward to it more and more every year. I can remember in the late 70's and early 80's when, over 30 years after the WWII, my PawPaw's USMC buddies would come to visit each year. I hope that 30 years from now we are still doing this.

This year I picked up a bottle of Smooth Ambler Contradiction while there, and tonight, I have to sing the praises of this bottle. I am in love with this whiskey. It is a blend of a young wheater and an older high rye bourbon. They really hit the mark on this one, and I am glad I have two bottles in reserve as we can't get this in AL.

This whiskey has that smooth wheat feel on the front end, with the spicy rye on the back, and a nice mellow burn to finish. It is red in the glass, and has a great mouthfeel. I wish I could get this in AL, as it would be my everyday.

If you see this bottle, get two, because the first one will go fast. I picked these up for $50 a bottle, and feel that is a great price for what you are getting on the current market. Much more than that, and I would think twice; and if you can find it for less, get a case and call me.

Enjoy!

Great knowledge! Thanks for your service to this great country!

Never heard of it but it definitely has me intrigued. I'll never turn down an opportunity to try some whiskey.

Back