Boots that don’t leak.

I have 5 or 6 years on Crispi Idaho boots. Lots of snow/mud miles and totally dry.

Sometimes wet grass or brush gets your pants wet and wicks down your socks. Gators solve that.
The crispi’s I bought last year leaked immediately. Not even as dry as a cheap pair of merrels. Sucks to spend that much on boots and then have to be very careful about when you wear them.

I've had good luck with my Crispi Idahos. They're synthetic so getting the fit right for me took some fiddling with laces, but I'm on season 4 or 5 now and still 100% dry.

Will probably give them a treatment soon as I'm planning to wear them in AK this fall.

Sounds like nearly everyone’s Beartooths leak then, huh?

Bummer news seeing how I just took advantage of the dang sale they have going on.

Sounds like nearly everyone’s Beartooths leak then, huh?

Bummer news seeing how I just took advantage of the dang sale they have going on.
My latest pair had the Symantex liner and it seemed to hold up great compared to my 3 previous pairs with the dry fit goretex. They made the switch sometime around 2018 I think. I’d say test them hard before you reach a year so you can get them replaced if they leak. Shnees are incredibly comfortable and fit my feet well and their customer service/warranty is good.

Attachments

• 0ED7BA49-D872-4286-854E-427418D4B360.png
    0ED7BA49-D872-4286-854E-427418D4B360.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 6
My latest pair had the Symantex liner and it seemed to hold up great compared to my 3 previous pairs with the dry fit goretex. They made the switch sometime around 2018 I think. I’d say test them hard before you reach a year so you can get them replaced if they leak. Shnees are incredibly comfortable and fit my feet well and their customer service/warranty is good.
I bought my newest pair in 2021 and they leak just as bad as the last pair. They have the symantex. I guess it’s hit or miss. From the looks of it it’s mostly miss. It’s a shame because they are the most comfortable boots I’ve ever owned.

New boots.

An old retired timber cruiser here.

There were years when I hiked over 2000 miles in a season. Several summers working the Challis NF in rocky country I wore out 2 pairs.

Went back and forth between the Cabela's Mountain Hunters made by Scrapa and Meindls.

Bought a new pair of Meindls Comfort fit hunters last fall. The cork footbed is the key for me.

My family has 5 pairs of Schnees and not 1 of them have had a problem with leaking. Unless you count the pair from 2008 that I finally wore a hole in the tongue this year. I treat with Obenaufs once, maybe twice a year. Lotsa miles on them and never a problem. But call them up, they stand behind their product regardless of that 1 year I have heard.

Agree with others, I'd be contacting Schnees tomorrow, unless you're outside of the warranty window, even if you're just past the warranty window I'd still be contacting them and having a conversation, what do you have to loose.
My Beartooth's don't leak, so they all don't leak.

For warm weather if you like comfortable and no break-in time, I’ve been really impressed with Lowa Renegades. Was soaked to my waist in a rainstorm and my feet stayed dry until the water eventually ran down my socks.

For colder weather, the Kenetrek Mountain Extremes have kept me warm and dry. After breaking in, I’ve found them very comfortable as well.

I have finicky feet when it comes to boots rubbing and causing blisters, and these 2 boots have been really good to me.

I treat both boots with the Kenetrek waterproofing wax stuff. That helps with keeping them waterproof and conditions the leather.

I will for sure be buying another pair of Renegades when I wear through these ones.

I’ve worn Schnees beartooth boots for several years and love the way they fit. I’ve had 2 pair and I’ve never been able to keep my feet dry. They always leak even after treating them with wax. Can anyone recommend boots that don’t leak? I’m looking to buy a new pair this year.
I use the same boots and have not had this issue. I find that fresh socks always fix my moisture problems.

I wanted to update everyone. I bought a pair of Crispi Nevada boots and I love them. I crossed several creeks in them this weekend, even standing in the water to test them. Bone dry. You can literally see them repelling water. They come out looking dry.
Well that’s a good deal. I must have got some lemons. Really screwed up by not taking them back to scheels the first time they leaked which was the first time I wore them in a heavy dew. Crispi won’t get another dime from me.

Another in the Kenetrek camp here. My wife & I both have multiple pairs of Mountain Extreme (NI & 400). Oldest pair is 12-years old. None have ever leaked. We keep them conditioned with Kenetrek boot wax. Also, always dry them with our Dry Guy boot dryer after each use if possible.

I wear my Crispi’s hunting obviously, but nearly every day at work also. They get worn at least 300 days a year going on 3 years in a warehouse environment, hunting, you name it and they still don’t leak. I had good longevity with Meindl too, but the break in period was brutal compared to the Crispis. I literally wore my Crispis the first time the first day of archery season a couple years ago and did 8 miles in the timber and my feet were fine.

I wear my Crispi’s hunting obviously, but nearly every day at work also. They get worn at least 300 days a year going on 3 years in a warehouse environment, hunting, you name it and they still don’t leak. I had good longevity with Meindl too, but the break in period was brutal compared to the Crispis. I literally wore my Crispis the first time the first day of archery season a couple years ago and did 8 miles in the timber and my feet were fine.
Which crispis are those

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back