Caribou Gear Tarp

Bone saw recommendations

Redmt

I'm looking for recommendations for a hand held bone saw. I thought about a cordless sawzall but want to look at options for a simple bone and meat saw for leg and backbone mainly for wild pigs. I've chopped them in half with a good Fiskars axe but it's ugly and not very accurate. IMG_20220415_082311003_HDR.jpg

gburk

I’ve been pretty happy with this from Walton’s. If you can keep your kids from cutting down trees with it

On the other hand if you don’t have a sawzall here’s your chance… certainly will be more generally useful.

Redmt

I don't have a problem with the kids! My youngest is in her early 40's!!!
I need a new sawzall as my old one has unobtanium batteries. I'm thinking about a new DeWalt 20 volt. I'm just considering something that could be used in the field if necessary.

TN2shot07

I have one of the wicked tree gear ones, works great on whitetail and you can order a replacement blade later. You mentioned in the field and that one folds down. Also heard good things about the knives of Alaska one but haven’t used one

ammo

We use a crappy hardware store hacksaw for the field and it works great. Lives in the gear closet so only used for sawing through bone. Had one of them 'fancy' folding bonesaws and learned after our first hunt how bad it was but that could just be the brand.

Jamen

We butcher deer every fall for people, we use a dewalt battery sawzall with a 5 teeth per inch blade. Works very well!

Yeti

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwilson18usmc